- Equivalent means “the same thing.”
- A fraction like 1/2 is the same as the fraction 111111/222222.
Ram and Shyam both have two pizzas of the same size.
- Ram cuts the pizza into two parts and offers you only one of them.
- Shyam cuts the pizza into four parts and offers you TWO of them.
Who’s offer should you take? It does not matter - because they are both giving you the exact same amount of pizza! (Go with the green one, it’s got super powers.)
Whatever you do at the top, you must do at the bottom!
- Not quite a misconception, but not knowing the multiplication tables will cause the learner to come up with incorrect answers.
- Revise multiplication tables well.